The Lady of the lake
A town with a population of 14,000 inhabitants. It is built on the peninsula of the lake. It is located on the western edge of West Macedonia and it is located at a distance of 55km from Aghios Panteleimonas.
It is located between Mt Vitsi and Mt Grammos at an altitude of 625m.
It is considered one of the most beautiful cities of Greece because of its natural beauty and ancient history.
You should visit:
- The caves of Kastoria
- The prehistorical lake settlement in Dispilio.
- The Aquarium
- The Monastery of “Panagia Mavriotissa”
- The old stone mansions of the town
- The Byzantine churches of the town
- The Wax Museum
- The fossilized forest in Nostimo
- Last but not least, you should do a cruise with the touristic boats in the lake.